Brooks Koepka, despite recent critical comments about LIV Golf's progress, has demonstrated his dedication to the league by enhancing a charity initiative run by his Smash GC team. The captain of Smash GC, Koepka, along with teammates Talor Gooch, Jason Kokrak, and Graeme McDowell, have rolled out the 2025 Smash For Success programme. This venture aims to unite young golfers and coaches from underprivileged backgrounds, offering them a chance to meet their LIV Golf heroes and participate in leadership and life skills workshops.
High school golfers boasting a GPA of 2.5 or higher are eligible for the scheme, with the most impressive candidates being awarded the Smash for Success Scholarship and Mentor of the Year Award. The programme, which kicked off last year following a trial in 2023, held its inaugural event of 2025 this week at Trump National Doral, coinciding with LIV Golf Miami, where participants had the opportunity to engage with Koepka and his squad.
Koepka, a five-time major winner, expressed his commitment: "This isn't just about golf, it's about who these kids can become because of it. We're here to support the next generation, and that means investing in both the players and the people who shape them."
Koepka's continuation of the charity programme underscores his allegiance to the Smash GC brand amidst speculation about his future with LIV Golf. With his contract up for renewal and rumours of a potential PGA Tour comeback, Koepka's actions and comments speak volumes about his investment in the sport's future.
Before teeing off at LIV Golf Miami, the golfer conceded his dissatisfaction with the pace of growth in the Saudi Arabia-sponsored league. He commented: "I think we all hoped it would have been a little bit further along, and that's no secret. No matter where you're at, you always hope everything is further along. But they're making progress, and it seems to be going in the right direction."
These remarks are quite revealing, especially when juxtaposed with recent assertions that the 34 year old star might be yearning for a return to the PGA Tour. This speculation was fuelled by former Masters champion Fred Couples' statement: "I talk to Brooks Koepka all the time ... he wants to come back. I will say that I believe he really wants to come back and play the tour."
While Koepka's contract is reportedly set to conclude after the 2026 season, he played down the rumours without completely dismissing the possibility of returning to the PGA Tour. In a comment last month, Koepka said: "Like I've said before, I'm not in those rooms. I've got a contract obligation out here to fulfill, and then we'll see what happens."
On the course, Koepka demonstrated grit amidst challenging conditions during his first round at Trump National Doral's Blue Monster on Friday, ending up tied for 16th position at one-over-par. Starting six shots behind the early front-runner Patrick Reed, he enters the second round determined to close the gap.
This article originally appeared on
You may also like
"There will be proper transparency, accountability": BJP MP Bommai on new Waqf law
Manchester United can still qualify for Champions League, asserts ex-defender Phil Jones
Jesy Nelson 'blessed' as she shares major update on unborn twins after procedure
Dagenham fire: Smoke billows over London skyline for miles from blaze at scrap metal site
Gaza medics' killing: Video gives Israel's narrative the lie